Monday, June 14, 2010

Secuity Guard Shot At Applebees?

Click the title of this post to be directed to referenced article.

Applebees, an eatery and neighborhood gathering place as they proclaim, has security guards? Really? I know the Mozzarella Chicken has received rave reviews, but is it necessary to have someone there to guard the inventory? So, this guard was on the phone in the parking lot while on duty, and got popped by two patrons he just kicked out of the place. Sounds fair to me. I know if you kicked me out mid-meal, especially while engaging in Mozzarella Chicken, I'd pretty much dominate you. Shooting him may seem a little extreme to you or I, but if you have seen the commercials for this dish, you would understand. The way the cheese melts in the picture is just dreamy. Frankly, I am a little shocked at this guys work ethic. Dude, you're on duty! This requires you to constantly comb the wild and crazy crowd Applebees has there. I mean they have to be the rowdiest and troublesome patrons ever right? Why else would there be a security guard at Applebees? Can you imagine rolling up on one of these restaurants and telling the hostess you're a party of 4, two kids menus, two packs of crayons and a seat near Cliff the security guard for protection. Does this guy see any action...ever? I picture him to be like Tackleberry who constantly wants to be in the malay but never gets the chance. I know times are tough and a job is a job, but if you're going to work security, is there not a mall job, or perhaps somewhere where people can actually steal shit? I'm fairly certain the Crips aren't storming the place for the potato skins guns a blazin'. Maybe I'm all wrong however. Maybe Applebees is the Rolls Royce of the security work. Maybe ole Cliff here has been waiting for this gig for years and when Stan the Security Man retired he moved on up. Granted, I'm not too well versed in the world of security in a place that has meatloaf as its highest priced item, but maybe its the case....

No comments:

Post a Comment