Thursday, June 17, 2010

Afternoon Boredom

Im fairly certain, there is a time in everyones day where the level of boredom is off the charts. I know for me, the hours of 3pm on, are a constant struggle. Sure, we combat the lethargy with coffees or sodas, but too often these libations cease to prevent the inevitable pile of drool that pools on ones desk. I feel like I can recline my chair, close my eyes, and instantly be out for a good 3-5 hours. Yet, I rarely have this feeling at ngiht when I go to sleep? Now the health nuts out there will say to workout more for energy, or go for a walk to revive ones self, but Id rather gut myself with a rusty spoon than do any of that nonsense. Often we will collaborate with colleagues experiencing similar symptoms and discuss how exhausted we are and how we can wait to go home. I used to work with a guy who would disappear every day for about an hour or two unannounced and unbeknownst to anyone else in the office. Finally, I made a point to follow him one day to see where the hell he goes. As I followed him ninja style, I found that he would go into the office building storeroom and sleep on the floor! This is the outside-the-box thinking that seperates mere mortals from legends. Granted he got fired like a week later, but hey, he was well rested as he packed his things. I hear from people that 5-hour energy works as well, but im almost one hundred percent certain that in 5 years or so they will discover the side effects of this wonder elixir. Sure, youre well rested and energized now pal, but wait a few years until that T-rex arm starts growing out of your back! If I only lived in Spain. Those gatitos know how to do it. Youre tired around 2pm? No problemo amigo. They take off, have a huge homecooked meal and then sleep it off, only to return later with a full stomach, well rested and ready to get to work. Anyway, this post wasted a good 10min of my aftrernoon slumber, not enough, but its something.

No comments:

Post a Comment