Thursday, July 8, 2010

Waiting In Line



It just dawned on me how much people actually wait in lines for shit. Personally, I fuckin hate waiting in lines. They're typically slow moving and at the end of the day, really unnecessary. Its a difficult concept to understand really when you think about it. I mean is it necessary to wait in line to get into a bar for example? I see it all the time, people lined up around the corner waiting to get in. Simple deductive reasoning would tell me that if there are this many people waiting to get in, that there are probably twice that amount already inside. Do you really need to get in there that bad? Do you enjoy standing asshole to belly-button with some dudes armpit in your mug? Its a bar. There are many like it. Go to another one. Duh. I also particularly love these fruitcakes who camp out in lines to see a fucking movie. What jackass has the time to sit in line in a tent for 3 days ahead of the release so he can be first in the theatre? I simply don't get it. Cant you swing by at your leisure like a week later and walk right in? Are they giving away gold plated gummi bears or are you that much of a nerd that you have the be the first one to see Star Trek 87: The Retirement Years? This goes for those iPhone freaks as well. You HAVE to have it the day it comes out? Really? Why? Is your life going to be ruined if you get it, say, a day or two later? These dingbats would rather wait on line for hours at a clip for a telephone. A telephone no less, they can get without waiting on line like 48 hours later? Maybe they cant wait to get in there and get helped by a dude with huge holey discs in his ears and eyelid rings? The best part of going to the Apple store for me is looking at the help. They are truly works of art. Mind boggling. Personally if I see a line anywhere, I'm leaving. Nothing is THAT worth my time to wait. If I cant get right in, I'm outta there. There is no point, unless of course its 2 Burgers for a Buck at McDonald's, then I understand....

No comments:

Post a Comment